Welcome to the December edition of the Modern Families Blog Carnival. Again, we have a wide and varied range of topics.
Enjoy your reading and Happy Holidays!
- Marlene presents Staying Safe While on Vacation posted at The Self Defense Advisor – When you are traveling, keeping your family safe when in an unfamiliar place takes forethought and planning.
- Deb presents Holiday Fire Safety posted at The Fire Safety Institute – This is the season for eating and drinking and gift giving and tree decorating and more eating. Thanksgiving and Christmas have the odds stacked against them in terms of fire danger.
- MoneyNing presents Celebrating Thanksgiving is a Must This Year posted at Personal Finance Blog by Money Ning – Thanksgiving is one of the fun holidays of the year! No matter what, you should celebrate!
- Marlene Gundlach presents Educational Options posted at The Autism Institute – Educational options for parents with autistic children.
- Susan presents Is Ritalin Safe for Preschoolers? posted at Ritalin Advisor – Of all topics concerning Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and the use of stimulants for behavior control, preschoolers and Ritalin is likely the most controversial of all.
- VJB presents Five Must-Read Page-Turning Novels for Your Fifth Grader posted at Profile.
- Dr. Alan Singer presents Home is the Heart of Learning and Where Education Starts by Dr. Alan Singer posted at FamilyThinking.com – What does keeping your marriage strong have to do with helping your children academically?
- Chesley presents Nanny’s Close Living Quarters posted at The Nanny Advisor – Every live-in nanny situation is different.
- Fiona presents How to Cultivate a Loving Relationship with Your Children posted at Balanced Motherhood – Cultivating a healthy relationship with your children is vital to their well-being.
- Erin King presents Keeping the Faith, Even in the Midst of Academic Struggles posted at School Psychologist Blog Files.
- Kimberley presents Toxic Mold in School posted at The Toxic Mold Advisor – Children are especially vulnerable to toxic mold.
- Jennifer presents Children and Psoriasis posted at The Psoriasis Advisor – Children who suffer from psoriasis often suffer from a wide range of physical and emotional pain.
- Carly presents Fundraisers for Kids posted at The Fundraising Institute – Fundraising is not reserved for adults. There are lots of easy ways that kids can get involved in fundraising efforts.
- Stefanie S. presents Jumpstart to Green Giveaway – $89.99 value! posted at Focus Organic.com – Jumpstart to Green is a new company that wants to make going green easy for anyone who is just starting out, and they have offered Focus Organic readers a chance to win a going green kit with 24 products – worth $89.99! Contest open until Midnight EST Saturday, December 6th.