Happy new year and welcome to the first edition of the Modern Families blog carnival for 2009! Hopefully, everyone has had an enjoyable holiday season and what better way to unwind than to read about others’ experiences and advice.
- Nancy Miller presents Time’s Are A Changin’… Global Warming Incorporated Into Educational Curriculum posted at Top Online Engineering Degree.
- GrrlScientist presents The Hungry Scientist Handbook: Electric Birthday Cakes, Edible Origami, and Other DIY Projects for Techies, Tinkerers, and Foodies posted at Living the Scientific Life, saying, “by Patrick Buckley and Lily Binns, this is an entertaining and informative romp through twenty “kitchen science” projects [book review].”
- Sarah Scrafford presents 10 Inspiring Last Lectures and Commencement Speeches Everyone Should Watch | OEDb posted at OEDb: Online Education Database.
- Kevin presents Beginning Science Experiments for the Homeschooler posted at Kevin Heath – More4kids Inc.
- Toni presents And all I wanted to do was put my feet up posted at Wifely Steps, saying, “Who says only wives are supposed to prepare dinner? :)”
- pearl mattenson presents The Best Gifts For Our Children – Part Two – Facebook, iPod, Apple posted at Carrie and Danielle.
- Katie presents A Hometown Beat – An American Children’s Poem posted at Making This Home, saying, “My post is a little different–it’s a reflection on home and family with a fun children’s poem. I hope it works for you. And thanks for hosting this carnival!”
- Chris presents Household survival tips – How to Prepare for Disasters and Emergencies posted at Home I Own, saying, “How to make sure your family is prepared”
- Gary R. presents Camp For Free or Nearly Free! posted at Camping Tips, saying, “Looking to find a campground that is free or $10 or less? There are more places than you’d think where you camp for free or nearly free.”
- apply4-credit presents Credit Cards Can Work with a Budget posted at Credit Card Applications Expert | Apply4-Credit.com.
- Walter presents Potential Location of Autism Genes Identified posted at Highlight HEALTH, saying, “Last month at the 58th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics in Philadelphia, researchers reported the results of two genome-wide genetic analyses, identifying five significant loci that contribute to autism susceptibility, three of which have not been reported previously, as well as a novel association of genetic variation on chromosome 5 with autism.”
- Aahz presents Live Blogging Thanksgiving 2008 at The Caverns posted at Philaahzophy, saying, “What’s a divorced dad to do when he finds out five dys before Thanksgiving that his ex-wife will be working all day? Dive into the unexplored arena of the kitchen and live blog the preparation of his first ever Thanksgiving feast :D”
- Matthew Paulson presents Too Many Toys for Christmas? Rotate and Donate posted at American Consumer News.
- Becca Glouzstein presents How to teach your kids about abundance while living frugally posted at Inspiration for Mothers . Com.
- MelMenzies presents Successful Step Parenting: Do You Know What It Takes? posted at Mel’s Muse, saying, “Like all relationships, successful stepfamilies rarely just happen. They require commitment, love and communication. A lot of the work needs to be done before the event!”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of modern families using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.