Welcome to the February 2, 2009 edition of modern families and Happy Groundhog’s Day! Unfortunately, it’s sunny here, so it looks like another 6 long weeks of winter. I hope the posts for this month’s blog carnival will help you pass the time ….
- One Family presents Kids With Special Needs and Learning Disabilities – Teaching and Student Educational Resources posted at One Family’s Blog.
- MelMenzies presents Successful Step Parenting: Do You Know What It Takes? posted at Mel’s Muse, saying, “Sadly, as I said, recently – when I was asked to comment on the Richard Bacon Radio 5 Live programme on whether a Step Parent can ever replace a real parent – sometimes it’s all too easy for them to do so because some real parents are not good parents. But it takes hard work and commitment – don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”
- Destroy Debt presents 20 Inexpensive Ways to Entertain Your Kids in the Winter posted at Destroy Debt.
- Catherine Eagleson presents Word Puzzles…Perfect for Kids? Brains! posted at Crosswords For Fun, saying, “Word puzzles (crosswords and word search) are a great activity for children to do as they grow and develop their thinking, and behavioural patterns.”
- Nancy Miller presents OEDb’s Online College Rankings 2007 posted at OEDb: Online Education Database.
- Cary Anderson presents Campground Safety posted at Should You Marry Her?, saying, “Camping is a blast, don’t let failure to adhere to basic safety procedures spoil the fun.”
- Becca Glouzstein presents 3 Steps to Attracting the Life you Really Want for You and Your Family posted at Inspiration for Mothers . Com.
- Concerning Kids presents Some Thoughts On Affordable Child Health Insurance posted at Concerning Kids.
- Kakie presents Leading Boy Scouts Strengthens a Mothers Relationship With Her Sons posted at Bur Bur & Friends: Community Park, saying, “parenting and families.”
- Robin presents Nintendo DS Not Just For Big Kids! posted at Kids Toy Reviews, saying, “My own experience with my young children and learning new technology.”
- Kevin presents Doc, Can You Give My Special Needs Child Nutritional Help? posted at More4kids Childrens Health.
- Pregnancy Hut presents How to Exercise Safely During Your Pregnancy posted at Pregnancy Calendar, saying, “Exercising while you’re pregnant is an important part of staying fit and healthy during this special time in your life, and it can even help you to have a smoother delivery when the time comes.”
- AEDINSY presents Everything You Need To Know About Getting Married and Staying Married posted at Everything You Need To Know About Getting Married and Staying Married, saying, “Finding the husband or wife of your dreams is possible, it just takes a good attitude and knowing “where to look, and what to look for”. If this is your desire, then check out this article. You will be sure to come away with an enlightened understanding of what to do, and on the road to finding and keeping the husband or wife of your dreams!”
- Shawnee Rivers presents Of Fallling… And Landing. And Stoic Limping. posted at Kinsanity – Real Life Family Dysfunction.
- Vee presents Thought for the day posted at Tom Zirpoli’s Blog, saying, “Dr. Zirpoli is the author of 7 books on parenting. His latest book is “Cures for Parental Wimp Syndrome: Top Ten List for Effective Parenting.” Feel free to drop by at http://www.tomzirpoli.com. Dr. Zirpoli has a weekly column on The Carroll County Times, he holds the Laurence J. Adams Endowed Chair in Special Education at McDaniel College in Westminster, Maryland. He is also president and CEO of Target Community & Education Services, Inc., a nonprofit organization serving persons with disabilities. He considers his most successful job title, “Dad to Christopher and Julia.””
- Jacquelyn presents The Top 10 Criteria to Be a Wise & Successful Parent posted at WParent.com – Wise Parenting Guide, saying, “Our parenting responsibility is enormous, as we have to prepare our children to be independent, mature and responsible adults. Learn the necessary criteria to be a wise and successful parent.”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of modern families using our carnival submission form.
Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.