Welcome to the April 6, 2009 edition of modern families. Well April is definitely living up to the sterotype here … rain, rain, a bit of snow and more rain. At least this gives us a reason to take our time reading through the many submissions. What better way to spend a horrible, rainy, Monday morning …
Around the House
- Kevin presents Potty Training Your Puppy posted at Dog Breeds, saying, “Some ideas for potty training your puppy”
- Margaret Garcia presents Top 20 Home Improvement iPhone Apps posted at Construction Management Degrees.
- Gary presents How to Buy Hiking Boots posted at Camping Tips, saying, “Good hiking boots are generally expensive, but worth the cost when comparing them to cheaper boots.”
- Raising Whiskers presents Cat Health Problems – Cat Health Issues – Common Health Problems Cats Face posted at Cat Care Tips, saying, “Learn about some common cat health problems and some simple ways to deal with them.”
- Jenny Jen presents Designer Snuggie posted at JennyReviews.com, saying, “I love my Snuggie, I wore it every day during the winter and spilled all kinds of food on the poor blanket with sleeves, but just when my old Snuggie started looking stained and faded, another Snuggie came out!”
- Ryan0257 presents Science experiemnet 1 posted at Children’s activities 2-12 years, saying, “activity for children”
- English Subject presents Learn English – English Speaking Tutorial » Blog Archives » Introducing Your Children to English Speaking Schools posted at English Tutorial, saying, “How to introduce your children to English speaking schools”
- Spanish Kit presents Using Connecting Words In Spanish posted at Learn Spanish Blog, saying, “Some ideas for using connecting words in Spanish”
- Helene Zemel presents Introducing The Piano Blog posted at The Piano Blog, saying, “The purpose of this blog is to provide information for both beginners and advanced students as well as piano teachers on various aspects of piano pedagogy and technique.”
- Emma presents Grandparents: blood relatives, yet strangers to my baby posted at Baby-Log, saying, “How to cope when distant grandparents arrive for a visit”
- Bill Urell presents What Percentage of Adolescents Needing Drug and Alcohol Treatment Get Help? Guess posted at Addiction Treatment Challenges, saying, “Do you know how mant adolescents needing drug and alcohol treatment get it? What if it were your child?”
- Kela Price presents Maintaining Everlasting Bonds by Kela Price posted at blended family soap opera.
- Bill Urell presents Research Says Video Games Cause Bad Relationships, Is This A Surprise Or Twisting Statistics? posted at Addiction Recovery Basics.
- Jeannie Anderson presents The Word Doesn’t Change the Kid: Autism 101 posted at The Adventures of Mr. Busypants.
Health & Fitness
- Kakie presents Until it Hurts, America’s Obsession with Youth Sports and How It Harms Our Kids posted at Bur Bur & Friends: Community Park, saying, “An interview with Mark Hyman, author of the book being released in April called “Until it hurts, America’s Obsession with Youth Sports and how it Harms our Kids.” In this book he examines the power of youth sports in our culture today and how it has reached a problematic state. We discuss his inspiration for the book and some important things he has learned along the way.”
- Ashley Cook presents The Relation Between Anxiety & Depression & How To Overcome It posted at Anxiety Go Away, saying, “Anxiety and depression can feed off of each other.”
- Cyndi presents Another Simple Way to Release Stress Now posted at Evolution Ezine?Evolution Ezine – Collect your free mind power and self growth gifts, saying, “Feeling down and need a fast way to turn it around? This article gives you a step by step FREE method to improve your mood and decrease negative side affects instantly. It takes very little time and the rewards are endless.”
Money & Finances
- Ashley Cook presents Secret Prom Accessories posted at Prom Blogger, saying, “Some great prom accessories no one ever needs to know about.”
- Vicky presents Getting Deals on Wedding Rings posted at Affordable Wedding Planning, saying, “While many people think of huge dollar amounts when it comes to rings, there are ways to make the shopping process more pleasant and affordable.”
- Talk Prom Dresses presents Celebrity Dresses – Fashion Forecast 2009 posted at Prom Dresses, saying, “As we have all seen, the fashion trends this year are all over the place.”
- Ashley Cook presents Choosing a Civil Wedding Officiant posted at Frugal Girl, saying, “Contrary to popular opinion, not everyone wants a large church wedding”
- Becca Glouzstein presents What to tell your kids about suffering and injustice in the world posted at Inspiration for Mothers . Com.
- dalehrabi presents The Dark Side of Olivia posted at The Perfect Baby Handbook, saying, “This is an entry from The Perfect Baby Blog, a new blog that sprang from my new humor book from HarperCollins, The Perfect Baby Handbook: A Guide for Excessively Motivated Parents, which is designed to provide comic relieve to modern parents who are stressed out by the super-parenting movement. I’m a NYC-based magazine editor (Details, Mademoiselle, ELLE). Thanks for you considerationl”
- Nicholas Powiull presents Growth through Practicing Unconditional Love: Parenting: by Nicholas Powiull posted at Conscious Flex, saying, “Knowledge is power but knowledge with unconditional love is the greatest power in the universe.”
- Homemaker Barbi (Danelle Ice) presents 10 Ways to Entertain a Sick Child posted at Homemaker Barbi, saying, “10 Ways to Entertain a Sick Child: Guest poster Tracey shares her time-tested methods.”
- Pregnancy Hut presents Bringing Home Baby – Preparing for Your First Few Days as a New Mom posted at Pregnancy Calendar, saying, “When you are expecting, you will likely spend so much time preparing for your delivery that you forget to plan for the first few days at home.”
- Asheesh presents Pregnancy Spotting – It Can Be A Warning Sign posted at Pregnancy Advisor, saying, “Pregnancy spotting can be a form of implantation bleeding as well as a sign of danger.”
- Dating321 presents Breaking Up Tips posted at Free Dating Advice, saying, “Breaking up is difficult to do, but it is important you go about in a mature and respectful way.”
- Victoria Jennings presents Typical Marriage Timeline posted at Time To Get Married, saying, “A description of how a typical relationship progresses to marriage.”
- Sunny Tan presents Why Do Men Lie About Cheating – Is My Man Cheating – Signs Of Cheating Men posted at Cheating Men, saying, “Why can men not just fess up after cheating?”
- Jim DeSantis presents 5 Ways To Keep Your Marriage Healthy posted at On Line Tribune | Marriage Matters, saying, “When you are married or even in a long term live-in relationship, sometimes it’s hard to understand what is going wrong, and it takes only the most basic advice to clear the fog of confusion. Try these 5 ways to keep your marriage or relationship healthy.”
- Terri Hellro presents Divorce Advice for Women: Help with Support and Recovery at Woman Divorce Support posted at Divorce Advice, saying, “Help for divorcees.”
- The Cheating Detective presents A Closer Look At Internet Infidelity posted at Cheating Detective, saying, “Internet infidelity can be prevented.”
- Expat presents Things You Must Do While You Travel In Germany posted at A Germany Trip, saying, “Top tourist destinations in Germany.”
- The Traveler presents New York attractions posted at Ellis Island – Statue of Liberty, saying, “Some attractions in new york city”
- Erika presents Dominican Republic Travel Guide posted at Visiting Spanish Speaking Countries, saying, “Although you may not have heard much about it, the Dominican Republic is a lively place to go on your vacation”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of modern families using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.