Welcome to the June 1, 2009 edition of modern families.
- Marina K. Villatoro presents The Travel Expert(a): How does a Trilingual Kid Learn English? posted at The Travel Expert(a), saying, “Hi, this is about my trilingual child and how he finally started speaking English!”
- Dan presents Things that Make your Kids Smarter…and Things that Don’t posted at My Dad Blog, saying, “An intriguing, inexpensive method to boosts kids’ test scores…and an expensive remedy that doesn’t really work like you might think.”
- Christine presents Strawberries for Lunch posted at Me, My Kid and Life: An American Single Mom Living in France.
- Wedding Junction presents Make Your Wedding Look Splendid With White Wedding Flowers posted at How To Stay Married Happily Ever After, saying, “White flowers for a wedding are often a great choice.”
- Vicky presents Wedding Planning On A Budget posted at Affordable Wedding Planning, saying, “Basic wedding planning help.”
- Raising Whiskers presents Cat Pregnancy posted at Cat Care Tips, saying, “How to get ready when your pregnant cat is about to give birth.”
- The Happy Redneck presents Gardening Can Be a Snap posted at Should You Marry Her?, saying, “Here is a few gardening tips as planting season is in full swing.”
- Courtney presents How To Impress Your Wedding Guests posted at Femininity Today, saying, “You can impress your wedding guests without spending a fortune.”
- Harold presents Helping A Senior To Give Up Driving posted at The Car Enthusiast, saying, “Senior citizens often don’t want to give up driving well past when they should.”
- Courtney presents Wedding Theme Ideas – Unique Wedding Theme Ideas And Creative Wedding Ideas-Las Vegas Wedding Theme posted at Wedding Themes, saying, “You can have a wedding in Vegas or just a Vegas wedding theme!”
Health & Fitness
- Pregnancy Period presents Understanding the Treatment Options for Infertility posted at Pregnancy.
- Courtney presents Easy Pilates Exercises You Can Do at Home posted at Female and Proud, saying, “Pilates exercises you can do from the comfort of your own home.”
- Fiona Slattery Lohrenz presents Begin Organic Gardening With Me! From Scratch! posted at DIY Organic Garden.
- Farid presents Teen Acne posted at Acne treatment, saying, “The problem of teen acne is something that over 80% of all teenagers will have to contend with at some point or another during their lives. The problem of teen acne is one that is associated with the same things that cause acne in adults, such as dirt and dead skin cells clogging pores, and of course, oily skin. However, the hormone fluctuations associated with the teenage years can often cause acne flare-ups to be much more severe than they might be later in life. Because hormones cause the glands in your face to create much too much oil, that oil then clogs pores and in turn leads to acne. This is why it is so important for the vast majority of teenagers to implement a proper acne care skin care routine into their daily lives.”
- Cory presents Elecrolytes: What are they and are Electrolytes Important? posted at Eating Healthy, saying, “Everyone talks about electrolytes, but what are they?”
- C. Anderson presents Should You Try Jenny Craig? posted at Simplicity for Weight Loss Success, saying, “Jenny Craig is a popular weight loss program. Is it for you?”
- John Anyasor presents Going Out to Eat in College posted at Living the HiLife2B (in college), saying, “Here are a few tips to break out of the dining halls and into the awesome diners in your college town.”
- Mesquite Pete presents How to Treat Mosquito Bites posted at Mosquito Basics, saying, “Everything you need to know about treating a mosquito bite.”
- Extremebody presents Healthy Diet: Only Part of the Equation posted at healthy diet, saying, “A healthy diet is crucial for a healthy body; there is no doubt about that. You have to give your body the right fuel in the right amounts to keeping it running optimally and looking right as well. However, a healthy diet is only one-half of a healthy lifestyle.”
- Aparna presents Swimming in over-chlorinated pools can have adverse effects on your skin, hair and teeth posted at Beauty and Personality Grooming.
- Jessica presents Everything You Ever Needed To Know About Garlic posted at Jessica’s Health Tips, saying, “Garlic is something everyone has an opinion about, one way or another.”
Money & Finances
- The Smarter Wallet presents Can Your Kid Develop A Gambling Problem? posted at The Smarter Wallet, saying, “Thanks!”
- Jim DeSantis presents Divorce: What To Do About Medical, Life, Homeowners, and Auto Insurance! posted at On Line Tribune | Marriage Matters, saying, “Covering the insurance needs of yourself and your children after a divorce must be considered during pre-divorce settlement negotiations with your soon-to-be ex. This is largely a matter for lawyers but you need to think ahead to protect everyone who depends upon you.”
- Jordan presents Student Loan Default posted at Real World Advice, saying, “What happens if your student loan goes into default.”
- GrrlScientist presents Tough Love for City’s Homeless: Pay Rent or Get Out! posted at Living the Scientific Life, saying, “Sounding like a story that is fresh out of the satirical newspaper, The Onion, the eighth richest person in America tells thousands of homeless families (most of whom are single working mothers) in NYC to pay rent to live in a shelter or GET OUT!”
- Jeannie Anderson presents Brown Showers Brings Trained Bowels posted at The Adventures of Mr. Busypants.
- Cash Tree presents Baby Clothes – Why Organic Is Better For Your Baby posted at Organic Baby Wearhouse, saying, “”Many of us know of the ecological impact of producing non organic cotton baby clothes (where cotton crops account for 25% of the worlds pesticides and 10% of the worlds insecticides each year). The question we hear often is are there really any actual health benefits for buying organic baby clothes. And the answer is Yes, organic baby clothes are better for your baby!””
- Emma presents Choosing the right child care (if there is such a thing!), part 1 posted at Baby-Log.
- Colin Timberlake presents Forced Fatherhood: Are Men Being Treated Equally? posted at colintimberlake.com, saying, “A consideration and discussion of whether we should consider allowing men the same choices in becoming parents as women. Food for thought…”
- Elizabeth Alexander presents LESSON EIGHT: Play Ball posted at How to be a weekend Dad: A Guide for Single Mothers.
- Robert Burton Robinson presents Anger Addiction Will Destroy Your Life posted at Mind Over Mania, saying, “Why do people lose their temper? Why do they let anger control their behavior? Because IT FEELS SO GOOD. Sound familiar? Then you may well be ADDICTED TO ANGER.”
- Victoria Jennings presents The Sex Is Bad: Should You Still Get Married? posted at Time To Get Married, saying, “Should problems in the bedroom be a marriage breaker?”
- Sunny Tan presents Two Cheaters Don’t Make One Right posted at Cheating Men, saying, “If you are sure your partner is cheating, then being unfaithful in return does not help matters any.”
- Michael Cohen presents Monogamous Or Monotonous posted at Differences Between Men And Women, saying, “Is monogamy great or is it just monotonous?”
- Jessica presents What to See and Do at Disney World posted at Jessica’s Travel Tips: Travel For Cheap, saying, “The enormity of Disney World will make you question if you can see all the park’s main sites in time.”
- Kristen Garcia presents Make The Most Out Of Any Vacation posted at The Happy Mother, saying, “In our current high stressed world, it is more important than ever to have a nice, relaxing vacation.”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of modern families using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.