Welcome to the August 3, 2009 edition of modern families. Sorry for the delay for this edition, but due to moving last week, I have been without an Internet connection. I hope you enjoy reading our submissions and look forward to hearing from you next month.
- Amanda presents A Presidential Week: The Discovery of President Abraham Lincoln posted at Mom of Faith.
- Ed Biado presents Helping your child study posted at Ed Biado at MST Life | Philippine Lifestyle News, saying, “Be involved in your kid’s study habits with these suggestions.”
- Alvina Lopez presents 100 Best Social Sites for Students, Academics and Educators posted at Associate Degree Blog.
- Allison Johanson presents 25 Essential Free iPhone Apps for Lifelong Learners posted at Top Online University Reviews.
- Michael presents Handling a Hit and Run Accident. What to do in a Hit and Run. posted at Vital Motion, saying, “Chances are you or someone you know may be involved in a hit and run accident at some point.”
- Dr. Alan Singer presents Close Families Raise…More? Less? (Pick One) Independent Adults posted at FamilyThinking.com, saying, “Wouldn’t you think that very close families (smother love…helicopter parents) would raise “less” independent children? Turns out not to be true.”
- Kelsey Grace presents Best Sympathy Arrangements by Religion posted at Sympathy Plants, saying, “This article helps people understand the different customs and what is appropriate to send for sympathy plants based upon the person’s religion.”
- Vicky presents Fun Wedding Ideas posted at Affordable Wedding Planning, saying, “Some clever, unique, and fun ideas for your wedding.”
- Lucy presents Wedding Symbolism posted at Wedding Tips, saying, “What the wedding ring, kiss at the altar, and bride’s veil symbolize.”
- Lin Burress presents How to Be a Good Daughter-In-Law: Building a Great Daughter-In-Law Relationship With Your Mother-In-Law posted at Telling It Like It Is.
- Courtney presents Wedding Theme Ideas: Unique and Creative Wedding Themes-Western Wedding Theme posted at Wedding Themes, saying, “A Western wedding theme can be a lot of fun and is definitely not used very often.”
- Ashley Cook presents Inexpensive Snacks posted at Saving Money Today, saying, “Trying to save money does not mean you can’t have an occasional tasty treat this summer”
- Jason Small presents It all starts in Blue Earth, Minnesota posted at Personal Blog – Life Experience: Jason Small, saying, “This blog chronicles the challenges my wife and I face while running our own business out of NYC, performing as actors, and making time to visit our families in Pennsylvania and Minnesota.”
Health & Fitness
- Jessica presents Random Ways To Feel Healthier Today posted at Jessica’s Health Tips, saying, “Seven easy to implement ideas to make your life a little healthier.”
- Alisha Harmann presents 50 Excellent Blogs to Learn About the Upcoming Healthcare Crisis posted at Online Surgical Technician Courses.
- Mesquite Pete presents Protect Yourself from Mosquitoes While Backpacking posted at Mosquito Basics, saying, “If you are going hiking or camping, you will want to make sure you are protected from mosquitoes.”
- Joel Gray presents Skin Cancer Risks And How To Prevent It From Happening To You posted at Health Tips 101.
- Cory presents Frisbee for Fun and Fitness posted at Eating Healthy, saying, “Frisbee can be both a lot of fun and a great source of exercise.”
- Doug Boude presents Assurant Health Denies Coverage Because Young Man is Autistic posted at Doug Boude (rhymes with ‘loud’), saying, “This post is an account of my attempt to acquire medical benefits for my oldest son, who is autistic. After having been summarily denied simply because my son is non-verbal, I wrote this post in an effort to share my heart-break at having been turned away and to bring to light what I consider to be discriminatory practices against autism.”
Money & Finances
- Jenny presents Strict Spending posted at Stop Spending Money, saying, “It is not too difficult to learn how to budget and still be happy.”
- Dan Miller presents Student Loan posted at Student Consolidation, saying, “Student loan consolidation is a great way to get a lower interest rate, as a reputable consolidation company will buy each loan off of the original lenders, lump it into one loan and offer lower interest and even deferment plans. Consolidate student loans to get them paid off more quickly with financial advice from a guidance counselor in this free video on student loans”
- Stingy Student presents Best Amazon.com Discount Sale – 90% off for Back To School Shopping posted at Stingy Students, saying, “Get up to 90% off at Amazon.com for back to school shopping!”
- Finance Tips 101 presents Saving Cash With Coupons ? Three Tips To Keep More of Your Money posted at Finance Tips 101.
- Pop Tart presents Defying Autism? More Like Damning Autism posted at MotherhoodMetamorphosis, saying, “Children with autism are cursed?!”
- Kellen Von Houser presents He is Homicidal and Suicidal… posted at Kellevision, saying, “Trying to be a good parent to an abused child can be an absolute battle against the mental health and legal systems – while the child’s well being hangs in the balance.”
- JJ presents Little Things That Turn Women Off posted at The Aged Male, saying, “Some dating techniques guys use that backfire.”
- Victoria Jennings presents Reasons to Stay Broken Up posted at Time To Get Married, saying, “Sometimes it is better to stay broken up with someone.”
- Michael presents Dating Your Spouse To Prevent Infidelity posted at Differences Between Men And Women, saying, “While bumper stickers may seem like a good idea at first, you don’t want to end up being that guy with a Vote Dukakis bumper sticker on your car two decades later.”
- Elliot presents Are You Just Another Ordinary Broken Hearted Lover? posted at Win Back Your Ex, saying, “Thousands of breakups occur every day around the globe. What seperates those who reunite with their ex is how well they distinguish themselves from the rest of the dating pool.”
- Ella Moss presents ANNOUNCEMENTS, CALENDAR, Astrology at work posted at Zodiac Times, saying, “relationship advice by an astrologer”
- Susan Johnston/Julie Salickram/Allan-Michael Brown/Megan Johnson/Chris Gesualdi presents Boston’s Best Outdoor Dining Options posted at The Blog @ Directory of Boston, saying, “Now that warm weather is returning to Boston, this is prime time for al fresco dining. Here’s a list of 5 favorite Boston outdoor restaurants.”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of modern families using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.