Welcome to the July 2009 edition of modern families.
- Kerry Fletcher presents How to archive your children’s art posted at Houston Interior Decorating Examiner.
- Janet O’Connor presents Crisis in Caregiving: Can Seniors Go On Living at Home? posted at Blog Long Term Care – Long Term Care for Elders, saying, “A recent study funded by the Connecticut State Legislature found that community-based services such as home care were inadequate to meet the needs of the state”
- Toni presents Let’s go for a 120-day maternity leave! posted at Wifely Steps, saying, “What is maternity/parental leave like in your country? Let’s learn from one another.”
- Lucy presents Pets As Wedding Attendants posted at Wedding Tips, saying, “It is becoming more popular to include your pets at your wedding.”
- Momma presents Don’t Be A Helpless Parent posted at The Happy Mother, saying, “Many parents find themselves helpless at stopping their children’s reckless behavior.”
- Victoria Jennings presents Eco-Friendly Wedding Tips posted at Time To Get Married, saying, “Wedding tips for the environmentally conscious couple.”
- Joshua presents Be Ready For Family Discussions posted at Family and Parenting, saying, “The average family is scared to death of certain conversations.”
- BD presents A Pet Dog for a Healthier You posted at Dog Breeds, saying, “A pet dog can bring good health to your life.”
- Michael presents Garage Door Safety posted at Vital Motion, saying, “You may not realize how dangerous of a place the garage can be.”
Health & Fitness
- Courtney presents Laughter Exercises posted at Depression to Happiness, saying, “Sometimes, laughter can be the best medicine.”
- Dan presents Top Causes of Anxiety and How to Handle Them posted at Battle Anxiety, saying, “There are many common causes of anxiety.”
- Mesquite Pete presents Mosquitoes – Fact and Fiction posted at Mosquito Basics, saying, “Some myths and facts about mosquitoes.”
- Farid presents Five Steps to Better Skin posted at Acne treatment, saying, “There are five essential steps in skin care regime. By following this progression of steps regularly, you will be giving yourself better skin. Skin is like any other of the body’s organs, and it needs to be healthy to operate correctly, which, in the case of skin, means looking great. If you want better skin, you should start following these five steps immediately”
- Lucy presents Uncovering the True You posted at Lucy’s Life, saying, “Why do so many of us not truly know ourselves?”
- Health Tips 101 presents 5 More Tips To Help You Reach Your Weight Loss Goals posted at Health Tips 101.
- Jessica presents Should You Worry About the Swine Flu When Traveling in Mexico? posted at Jessica’s Travel Tips: Travel For Cheap, saying, “Is the swine flu still an issue to take into consideration when visiting Mexico?”
- Ashley Cook presents Spring Cleaning and Women’s Health posted at Healthy Living Tips, saying, “Some natural alternatives for cleaning around the house.”
- Organic Baby Wearhouse presents Johnson & Johnson Refuses to Remove Cancer Causing Chemicals from Baby Products posted at Organic Baby Wearhouse, saying, “Last Friday a letter signed by 50 groups representing about 1.7 million people was sent to William Weldon, the CEO of Johnson & Johnson. The letter was asking the company to reformulate it’s iconic baby shampoo and other care products to be free of the cancer causing chemicals 1,4-dioxane and formaldehyde. The widespread response it in reaction to a recent study showing many J&J products as containing small amounts of these dangerous chemicals.”
Money & Finances
- Leave Debt Behind presents How to Develop Budgeting for The Family Vacation posted at Leave Debt Behind.
- Jim DeSantis presents Low Cost Accident Insurance For Children – Have You Thought About It? posted at Free Family Budgeting eBook from On Line Tribune, saying, “Have you thought about providing financial security for your children in case they are seriously injured in an accident of any kind? The possibility of an accident putting your child in a wheelchair for life, is not one that anyone likes to think about. But, not thinking about the possibility does not take that chance away.”
- Rabbit presents Oprah’s segment on buying your daughters vibrators posted at Rabbit Write.
- Becca Glouzstein presents Principles of Empowerment to Teach your Children posted at Inspiration for Mothers . Com.
- Alejandra Peraza de Halvorssen presents Being Alert – Helping Them to be Aware of Drugs and Alcohol posted at A Guide to Raising Great Kids.
- Kakie presents Book Review: Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys posted at Bur Bur & Friends: Community Park, saying, “This book explores the state of raising boys in todays society. It discusses challenges and provides tools we can use to help boys with their emotional literacy so they can thrive.”
- GrrlScientist presents The Science of StoryTelling: Nobelist Paul Nurse Talks about His Personal Genetic History posted at Living the Scientific Life, saying, “This video is a fascinating look at Paul Nurse’s personal history .. Nurse, who is a biochemist, Knight, 2001 Nobel Prize Winner and President of Rockefeller University in NYC, reveals how, after 58 years, he finally learned the truth of his own family history.”
- JJ presents Astonishing Wedding Proposal Ideas posted at The Aged Male, saying, “Some crazy ideas on how to pop the big question.”
- Banquet Manager presents The Old Couple That Got Engaged posted at So You Want To Be a Banquet Manager….
- Mike presents Cheating For Revenge posted at Differences Between Men And Women, saying, “Some people will cheat out of revenge.”
- eGirlHelp presents Breaking Doesn’t Have to be Hard to Do posted at Advice For Dating, saying, “Breaking up is difficult, but there are ways to make it easier on both of you.”
- SJ presents Love And Relationship Horoscope Of Cancer – Cancer – Water Sign – Cancerians posted at My Free Horoscopes, saying, “What does being a cancer mean for someone’s love life?”
- Jeannie Anderson presents Travel Advice and Resources from BabySafeTravel.com posted at The Adventures of Mr. Busypants.
- Edan presents Park City Ski Resorts posted at Park City Condo Lodging, saying, “Find out all about Ski Resorts in beautiful Park City, Utah, site of the 2002 Winter Olympics.”
- Erika presents The Pros and Cons Of Visiting Tijuana posted at Visiting Spanish Speaking Countries, saying, “Why you should or should not visit Tijuana.”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of modern families using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.